The Blazers: Stroll! (LP, 10inch, Ltd.)
- 1:1 reproduction of an extremely rare French pressing as limited edition on Bear Family Records®!
- Re-release of The Blazers’ 10” vinyl LP 'Stroll!' in our 11000 collector's series.
- In their day, The Blazers were considered perhaps the best cover band in the U.S. specializing in first-rate remakes of rhythm 'n' blues or rock 'n' roll numbers that were hot at the time.
- This 10inch LP was originally released in France in 1958 on the Fontana label under catalog number 662.023 TR.
- In the US, the recordings came out on Harmony.
- Reproduction of the rare original cover.
- The recordings have been carefully remastered for this vinyl edition and sound superb.
- Strictly limited to 500 colored copies collector's edition pressed on yellow vinyl.
Almost nothing is known about The Blazers themselves. In the USA, the recordings were originally released on the Harmony label. However, the musicians behind the band name have never been revealed. In collector circles, it is generally assumed to be a line-up of distinguished studio musicians who never performed in public. What is known, however, is the participation of New York rhythm 'n' blues singer Frankie Tucker, who can be credited with two numbers. Tucker recorded three singles for Baton and Decca between 1956 and 1960, and apparently also spent some time on the road in France - perhaps another reason to release the Blazers LP there in 1958.
We've done our best to carefully sonically edit the recordings and are reissuing 'Stroll!' with the original artwork! Strictly limited edition of 500 copies on colored vinyl! An absolutely cool project!
Article properties: The Blazers: Stroll! (LP, 10inch, Ltd.)
|Blazers,The - Stroll! (LP, 10inch, Ltd.) LP (10 inch) 1|
|01||The Stroll||The Blazers||
|02||Big Guitar||The Blazers||
|03||Get A Job||The Blazers||
|04||7-11 'Mambo No. 5'||The Blazers||
|05||Walkin' With Mr. Lee||The Blazers||
|06||Raunchy (Plus Jamais)||The Blazers||
|07||Short Shorts||The Blazers||
|08||Slow Walk||The Blazers||
|09||Don't Let Go||The Blazers||
|10||Walk On||The Blazers||
Almost nothing is known about The Blazers themselves. In the US, the recordings were originally released by the Harmony label. However, which musicians are behind the band name has never been found out. In collector circles, it is generally assumed to be a formation of outstanding studio musicians that never performed in public. What is known, however, is the participation of New York rhythm 'n' blues singer Frankie Tucker, to whom two numbers can be attributed. Tucker recorded three singles for Baton and Decca between 1956 and 1960 and was apparently also on the road in France for a while - perhaps another reason for releasing the Blazers LP there in 1958.
Another tremendous addition to the series!
It's been reproduced here in the original artwork, the music is stunning, including "The Stroll', 'Raunchy' " and 'Short Shorts'! 10 tracks in all, guaranteed dancefloor fillers in amazing quality sound.
Great studio band featuring New York R'n'B singer Frankie Tucker on four tracks!
.. absolute Empfehlung! Kling top und sieht super aus mit dem farbigen Vinyl!
Ready to ship today, delivery time** appr. 1-3 workdays